Big circle / medium circle

Hi guys, just had a game on AW, after game finished I refreshed host filter page and saw the following,

normal smal red circles indicating possible hosts, little red box outline for dormant hosts then a big red circle indicating host a medium red circle ????????

Now when the game started I had great hit detection and a good connection, after a minute or so my bullets turned to marshmallows.

I pinged the medium circle and got 37ms or something low like that steady line.

The big red circle was bouncing up and down between 80 and 240 ms of ping every few seconds.

Sooooo does this mean my game started on the host to the medium circle and then swapped to the big red horrible one?

Hope that makes sense.

post-788-0-08608200-1424184991_thumb.jpg

Its not that I cannot see them at all it just takes one or two refreshes of the page and i had already done what you mentioned in the other post. cheers.

Don't sweat it Ill sort it, cheers )

Guest Netduma Fraser

Have you ever seen the padlocks on the Geo-filter? Can you apply cloud settings again please, sometimes it doesnt flush properly. You shouldnt have to refresh to see the symbols. Hard turn off the console and then restart the R1. Before turning on the console, ensure Geo-filter is set up properly as well as the cloud settings being on auto cloud.

I.e. Strict on

PA service selected for your console

PA set to minimum of 30ms

Geo-filter recommended at 1000ms

Where you in the lobby with the same people from in game, waiting for another game to count down when you saw the two red circles of the medium and large variety? Was the medium circle pulsating between small and large? It could be the case that it may have been a player in the lobby chatting. The big circle will have been the current host. Always look for the circle when youre in game so you know exactly what the host is.

All checked and were set within suggested parameters, yes I have seen padlocks on the map before. It is as if the page takes a snapshot of the screen and leaves it there till I hit refresh.

Honestly though, thanks for the help but I do think it's more likely my laptop which is not for you to try and sort out. But thank you very much for your help.:)

Guest Netduma Fraser

All checked and were set within suggested parameters, yes I have seen padlocks on the map before. It is as if the page takes a snapshot of the screen and leaves it there till I hit refresh.

Honestly though, thanks for the help but I do think it's more likely my laptop which is not for you to try and sort out. But thank you very much for your help. :)

You could always try a factory reset, however it would wipe your settings, you would also need an ethernet cable in order to enable the WiFi again. Otherwise, ill see if anything springs to mind :) Youre very welcome :)

OK folks just to update, plugged my wifes lappy in and ran router through that using windows 7 and the thing works perfectly. live thigs happening circles appearing and stuff all happening without me having to refresh nothing so as I thought my settings are fine its my blooming laptop running windows 8. I hate windows 8 and have done since launch.

so if anybody has any suggestions as to what I might change to get it working on windows 8 laptop please feel free to share.

other than throw it out da window, :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

Ok buddy, one last thing to try on chrome when the issue happens

1. Right click anywhere on the page
  2. Click "Inspect Element"
  3. Click console in the top right of the new window that appeared
  4. Take a screenshot of that please 

Thanks man :)

Guest Netduma_Iain

I didn't think that would be it, if anything it could be the firewall. Could you check your windows security centre and disable the firewall on that computer temporarily and see if that fixes it mate thanks

OK bang on the money, If I disable my AVG software it works, now gotta try and find how to turn it off for more than 15 minutes at a time lol

Just seen I can disable it till next boot,

Thank you so much for all your patience and help. Cheers :)

Archived