Bo3 no matter what I do

I'll get games where I'm like 2 seconds behind in kill cams. Have we all come to conclusion it's not on the client side of things? I've tried cc, geofiltering 50 miles away, messing with settings, even bought a second copy of the game for Xbox one. Probably half of the games are destined to have me fail. Kill cams show a different version of events.

I guess my question is I know this is invitable, but what can I do to lower the chances of this happening, ping assist? Block hosts?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Netduma Staff

I'll get games where I'm like 2 seconds behind in kill cams. Have we all come to conclusion it's not on the client side of things? I've tried cc, geofiltering 50 miles away, messing with settings, even bought a second copy of the game for Xbox one. Probably half of the games are destined to have me fail. Kill cams show a different version of events.

I guess my question is I know this is invitable, but what can I do to lower the chances of this happening, ping assist? Block hosts?

What ping are you getting in game?

new update dus not work mate

Netduma update?

It's the daily updates they keep doing on the game. The game is playing far worse right now then has since launch. My duma is doing it's thing and getting me low ping games, but it can't fix the crap they keep doing to the game. Just like AW they keep messing with guns and kill streaks.. Because we all know that's what matters..Nobody wants the Latency issues or TTK/STK issues looked at and adjusted..I love 5 bursting people with an m8 and getting 1 shot from a shotgun 200ft away from me..

I know exactly what you mean. 

This is what I've done to get a 75% chance of a good game.

-Only play FFA. Any team game type plays horribly for me. The BO3 network monitor is extremely accurate for myself. When I see it fluctuate 50ms, I see it in my gameplay even though the Netduma ping is somewhat steady. I would say that either the host is dropping packets or the cpu processing of my PS4 is lagging. 

-If there is just one person who's 3barring or lower, quit immediately. Lag Comp will destroy you otherwise

-go to dslreports.com and adjust your settings to get an A+ on bufferbloat

-my average ping is ~14ms. If I use Ping Assist to get a game or the geofilter set at 500mi around my actual location, I can't win any gun fights. Therefore I set PA to 0 and move my geofilter so that the geofilter line is at least 100mi away from my actual location. (I live in eastern PA and set the geofilter in Nebraska with a 900mi radius so that Eastern PA is not included in the geofilter. See Picture at bottom of post). 

This makes me connect to games with an average ping of 35-50ms. This is key for me. It puts me on an even playing field with most of the players. My ping is not so low to give me huge lag comp, but not so high that I'm hurting everyone else. 

-Lastly, set up the Netduma and never look at it. It will drive you insane. I have noticed that if you tick Peer Ping, the Netduma will induce some lag into the game so I leave that unticked. Just try some settings, play, and get a feel for what the game is doing. If it doesn't feel right, adjust the Netduma and try again.  

1451024508-U1511.jpg

• Administrators

Hi guys,

Happy Xmas to you and your family.

The new firmware is superior to the old one (other than device prio which will be fixed soon).

This thread seems a bit subjective  so you can tinker yourselves. However if you are having a high ping please post picture of you Host Filtering settings and congestion control settings and we will help minimise it as much as possible for you.

We have to realize that the duma can only do so much,even it has limitations.The duma can't fix node overload,jitter (yet  ;) ) and it most definitely can't fix all the bullshit going on with BO3 right now as it is constantly changing with all the hot fixes,patches and updates.

The connections have been dicy to say the least for me anyway for about 2 plus weeks now but sadly the duma can't fix the issues the game is having right now.I'm sure 3arch will get it sorted as they are tweaking shit to try and improve it for everyone.Let's just keep our fingers crossed that get it right at some point.

Who's choosing to play on 12-15ms connections on this game right now? Hadn't the general theory being spread that between about 35-50ms was the target we were trying to isolate? *confused*

Okay so I happen to like the game, but the online experience is broken as shit right now. Quick ping games are a frustrating cycle of play smart, shoot first and get destroyed. I don't know why, but I know under about 30ms the game plays "off" to me.

Idk if it's the lag comp, I don't know if the sample population is just an alpha group of savaged that are just better (younger, faster and with undamaged livers...ha) or what the deal is right now.

The really quick ping games play the worst for me. About 40-50ms seems to be the "best" online experience for me, but even that has moments that will make me want to commit a gaming product crime.

The game is a little over a month old and the patches have been frequent, often and filled with community hate being addressed.

I don't remember BO2 around this time of year, so idk if this is the cycle for 3arc, but I suspect it will be until the first DLC drops before we get the online stuff to an acceptable level.

Is slightly possible the influx of Christmas players will saturate the lobbies, dilute the Alpha slayers pool, and give you more opportunities to beast on the unsuspecting. It won't fix the problem but it will "feel" better.

The game is not running at an ideal level right now. I think we can all agree on that. The real question, as a player, is it enough to keep you playing?

For me it is, but I am playing less at a time.

For those with real close pings that are seeing poor games, pick a different dedicated server a little further away and see if that helps.

I'm currently camping Las Vegas. The ping is 32-35ms and stable. The game isn't perfect, fuck knows, but I am enjoying it more than that >20ms ping I get here in Seattle.

YMMV

Who's choosing to play on 12-15ms connections on this game right now? Hadn't the general theory being spread that between about 35-50ms was the target we were trying to isolate? *confused*

Okay so I happen to like the game, but the online experience is broken as shit right now. Quick ping games are a frustrating cycle of play smart, shoot first and get destroyed. I don't know why, but I know under about 30ms the game plays "off" to me.

Idk if it's the lag comp, I don't know if the sample population is just an alpha group of savaged that are just better (younger, faster and with undamaged livers...ha) or what the deal is right now.

The really quick ping games play the worst for me. About 40-50ms seems to be the "best" online experience for me, but even that has moments that will make me want to commit a gaming product crime.

The game is a little over a month old and the patches have been frequent, often and filled with community hate being addressed.

I don't remember BO2 around this time of year, so idk if this is the cycle for 3arc, but I suspect it will be until the first DLC drops before we get the online stuff to an acceptable level.

Is slightly possible the influx of Christmas players will saturate the lobbies, dilute the Alpha slayers pool, and give you more opportunities to beast on the unsuspecting. It won't fix the problem but it will "feel" better.

The game is not running at an ideal level right now. I think we can all agree on that. The real question, as a player, is it enough to keep you playing?

For those with real close pings that are seeing poor games, pick a different dedicated server a little further away and see if that helps.

I'm currently camping Las Vegas. The ping is 32-35ms and stable. The game isn't perfect, fuck knows, but I am enjoying it more than that >20ms ping I get here in Seattle.

YMMV

I agree that finding a server with a little higher ping, for me 35-45ms.. I don't want to say it plays better because the movement and play are about the same as a game with a lower ping. However the Shots To Kill is much better, seems like a more even playing field.. less WTF moments.. but yes I don't expect the game to run at it's best until mid January.. It took 2-3 months for BO2 to become even playable with it's poor spawns and ridiculous STK..

YMMV

Dillinger, you echo my sentiments exactly the way i'm feeling about this game right now, its not right,  you are getting screwed over left right and centre, completely and utterly frustrating. whats really weird is no matter what setting i use, throttle, full speed etc and even all the servers across the world, low ping and high ping the games all play in the same laggy wtf manner, i'm stuck in a cycle where i keep saying next game ill get in a good connection lobby.......hours later arrrrggggh! and its this game people i could hop on advanced warfare right now and it would seem like the connections were magical. Also just to add i do get the rare occasion in bo3 where its just so amazing but those games connection are very few and far between, so far those games have kept me playing through this period but my morale and hunger to keep plodding is at an all time low since the release.

I don't know guys. I like a lot about the game, to the point I have played more of this game in the opening cycle than the last two games combined in the same timeframe.

That said, I've been disappointed with my ability to chain good games on the regular. A good game is like a rare thing, not the norm.

I go back and watch some theater mode, because I do that, and even in the replays I'm doing things I need to do to compete with the young slayers. And yet there I am, dick in the dirt, again. LOL

It's the game right now guys. The Netduma is a third party tool, it's not like 3arc consulted Iain, Fraser and Luke for game advice.

We need to ride it out IF you like the game. Otherwise it's time to explore other FPS options of the frustration is that bad.

I don't know guys. I like a lot about the game, to the point I have played more of this game in the opening cycle than the last two games combined in the same timeframe.

That said, I've been disappointed with my ability to chain good games on the regular. A good game is like a rare thing, not the norm.

I go back and watch some theater mode, because I do that, and even in the replays I'm doing things I need to do to compete with the young slayers. And yet there I am, dick in the dirt, again. LOL

It's the game right now guys. The Netduma is a third party tool, it's not like 3arc consulted Iain, Fraser and Luke for game advice.

We need to ride it out IF you like the game. Otherwise it's time to explore other FPS options of the frustration is that bad.

All true so if you goy some settings that work post that shit. Though it may not work for long as they keep changing shit!

Oh yea Merry Christmas!

How subjective is this? 

I know not all bullets are perfectly placed every time but if any of you who are not having this , had this you would have quit that game. This is a constant anymore and wish Treyarc would fix this already.

Yup, the only thing missing is a guy firing a single shot back, watching the kill cam and seeing him hit you with 10 bullets.

Every other black ops game I've been more interested in non mp. I absolutely love bo3 mp which is why it's so frustrating. Probably the first time since mw2 I'm in love with the mp aspect. I'd be less upset if I could expect games like above in every game. It's that one game they throw in the mix with the perfect hit detection that keeps me going like a taste of crack.

Yup, the only thing missing is a guy firing a single shot back, watching the kill cam and seeing him hit you with 10 bullets.

Every other black ops game I've been more interested in non mp. I absolutely love bo3 mp which is why it's so frustrating. Probably the first time since mw2 I'm in love with the mp aspect. I'd be less upset if I could expect games like above in every game. It's that one game they throw in the mix with the perfect hit detection that keeps me going like a taste of crack.

its like one game in 20 is not like the above!

BO3 is so random it's not remotely fair, or "skillful", IMO.

I finished leveling on PS4, and am level 50 on XB1. That's it. I don't even want to finish the last five levels because no matter what I do, it's all down to chance. That's what it feels like and if the game feels like that, why play? Other games admit they use RNG as a primary element of game e.g. Hearthstone, so you accept it, but CoD should be a skilled-based shooter. It's not.

I know we will never have LAN-type connections, but what we have now is just pure randomness / RNG to the Nth degree.

I also admit I am not the fastest, or best player in the world at my age, but if I shoot somebody head on long enough, they should die and not take me out without even firing a shot on my end.

just a quick update, just had the best hour in a long time playing this game. switched to wireless, put both sliders down to 10 percent, going ham with the haymaker which has been impossible of late, all of a sudden going wireless i'm that guy thats got enough time to do twirls in the air then take em down with the haymaker, my in game ping hasn't changed going wireless, but its clearly night and day difference, feels almost spot on. 

i only ever play kc/core mode so i know the score with this game inside out regarding what feels right with connections, if you are stuck and tried everything like me give this a bash.

turbo off

flower all devices equal

my fibre connection 210 down 12 up 

playing on a local server.

pre-emptive selected

60ms games searched even though i have 30 ms ping

just a quick update, just had the best hour in a long time playing this game. switched to wireless, put both sliders down to 10 percent, going ham with the haymaker which has been impossible of late, all of a sudden going wireless i'm that guy thats got enough time to do twirls in the air then take em down with the haymaker, my in game ping hasn't changed going wireless, but its clearly night and day difference, feels almost spot on. 

i only ever play kc/core mode so i know the score with this game inside out regarding what feels right with connections, if you are stuck and tried everything like me give this a bash.

turbo off

flower all devices equal

my fibre connection 210 down 12 up 

playing on a local server.

pre-emptive selected

60ms games searched even though i have 30 ms ping

Please update in a day or two as throttling hard has worked for me but afraid to say its a cure, as it could be temporary.

Archived