Wifi Issue

Not really sure what happened but my wifi has dropped. I am able to connect to all my devices via wifi but its not giving them an IP. I have tried resetting modem and router. Hard resetting. And changing Wifi settings. Any help would be appreciated. I have the R1 since day 1. Am  on the debug version 1.03.6i. Thank you,

If you set the wifi security to disable temporarily, then connect a device up, does it get a IP address then?

If so, then try enabling WPA and AES only and see.

If you don't seem to get any thing from wifi on the R1, you may need to disable it then connect up a LAN to LAN wireless AP. I did this day 1 since the wifi on the R1 isn't the greatest. I actually use a DIR-890L in AP mode with the R1.

I have attempted to disable the wifi, reconnect it and it still does not work. I have also tried using the other security settings as well as no security with no luck. Not sure why all of the sudden it would just stop working as i was able to use the wifi 5 hours ago. Also is there a guide on how to set up Lan to Lan wireless AP. Not good with computers. Thats why the R1 was an easy purchase. The interface was so easy to use.

Thank you for help.

Review this:

https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/basics/wireless-basics/30355-how-to-add-an-access-point-to-a-wireless-router

You don't need the PLs, however can be used if needed.

An easier review is here:

http://forums.dlink.com/index.php?topic=40856.0

Is is for making routers into APs.
There are AP devices that are not routers as well. Just depends on what you have or get.

Ah ha, and how did that get disable? LOL. Glad you found the problem.

Ya, you be better suited to install a dual band WIFI AP to use with the R1. Can be any router or AP that has dual band or 3 band support.

Cheers. 

• Netduma Staff

Thank you but i have figured out what was wrong. I accidentally disabled DHCP so nmo other device was allowed to obtain an IP address. Thank you again. Im still going to look into Lan to Lan so i am able to use 5 ghz.

Great to hear you found the solution to your issue! If you have any other problems or questions just let us know and we'll help you out. Thanks :)