NEW XR700 BETA FIRMWARE: 3.3.363

38 minutes ago, Netduma Lew said:

Hi everyone!

First things first - we know this has been a long time coming. You’ve all been incredibly patient in the wait for an XR700 firmware, but we’re hoping that the wait will be worth it.

That said, we’re excited to announce an Early Access firmware for the XR700 that will bring you up to scratch with DumaOS 3.3.

The latest firmware update can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zxt1dpu7i2f4hog/XR700-V1.0.1.50-0626.img?dl=0

Obviously, this is a HUGE jump from the firmware that the XR700 is currently on, with a massive deluge of new features and ways to use them. While we’re happy to answer any questions on these, here is an overview of the bigger changes:

Webview and Mobile App

Our biggest change to how you use DumaOS comes in the form of DumaOS For Mobile - a flexible view that works across any platform. For XR700 users, this can only be accessed using the DumaOS app available on both iOS and Android platforms.

AutoDPI

This improvement is less visibly obvious, but still has a huge impact on your DumaOS experience: AutoDPI massively opens up the amount of games and services that your router can detect, as well as removing the wait for new firmwares when it comes to supporting new applications.

For details on what AutoDPI is and how it improves things, check out our video on it below:

Other Additions

Of course, the leap to DumaOS 3 includes features such as Ping Heatmap, Adblocker, Connection Benchmark and more too. We have videos on using these features, with full feature tours in DumaOS itself as well.

Of course, there have been multiple fixes and improvements to DumaOS in this update as well - however, due to the sheer number of them, we have omitted their details here for the sake of brevity. 

All of us here at Netduma appreciate your support and patience in the lead up to this Early Access release. It’s worth noting that this may never come out as an official XR700 release from NETGEAR, so this may be the only way to get 3.3 on the router. We hope you enjoy everything it has to offer and get the most out of 3.3!

Why would this possibly never come out as an official Netgear firmware?

• Administrators
27 minutes ago, artful40 said:

hi ya mobile app is saying x700 not supported with new beta

If you haven't updated the DumaOS app today you'll need to do so before it works, if an update isn't available yet it should be by the end of the day.

• Administrators
45 minutes ago, bebito_fiufiu said:

Acabo de actualizar la app y sigue sin dejar entrar 

Uninstall the app then re-install the app, make sure to select Nighthawk specifically rather than auto and see if it works.

@Netduma Lew @Netduma Fraser 

Hi guys thank you for the new firmware its been a blast for me the new update everything is working fine at the moment.

But i was wondering are u guys (Netduma) gonna keep pushing updates out for the XR700 maybe not the same frequency as for the R2 but we will get DumaOs updates i assume (and hope so) 😄

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, XR700 Owner said:

That's strange since my parents have my old Netgear X4S R7800 and it still gets updates. 🤷‍♂️

I think the XR700 was expensive to make and under performed sales wise so doesn't make financial sense to continue it.

30 minutes ago, Mobel said:

Hi guys thank you for the new firmware its been a blast for me the new update everything is working fine at the moment.

But i was wondering are u guys (Netduma) gonna keep pushing updates out for the XR700 maybe not the same frequency as for the R2 but we will get DumaOs updates i assume (and hope so) 😄

Great to hear that! I'm not sure what the plan for it is at the moment

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The XR700 is no longer manufactured so updates for it will inevitably cease

2 hours ago, Mobel said:

I think they're throwing us a bone with this "early access" honestly. The way it sounds this will probably be the last firmware netduma puts out for the xr700 so keep that .img file! I for one am glad to at least see 3.3 on this thing. That being said it would be nice of Netgear to at least make it official and keep security updates going for it even if this will be the latest version of DumaOS.

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Lew how can u use the mobile view with the  DumaOs app for me DumaOs app is still the same as before while im using the latest one (from today) and have deleted the old app and installed the latest on my phone.

On Priority boost I dont see Call of duty (series) or the other apps to boost also no Smart Qos.

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Mobel said:

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Lew how can u use the mobile view with the  DumaOs app for me DumaOs app is still the same as before while im using the latest one (from today) and have deleted the old app and installed the latest on my phone.

On Priority boost I dont see Call of duty (series) or the other apps to boost also no Smart Qos.

That's it, you're using it, Smart QoS is just on the R2 currently while we are still working on it. Before Smart QoS we worked on the dumaweb mobile view which is what you're seeing there. It brings the XR700 in line with the XR500 now.

OK, I believe I got this beta loaded on the XR700.

Used a wired PC, Windows 10x64 and MS Edge. 

Factory reset performed after file was sent and router came back to ready.

Walked thru the setup wizard. 
Ran in to a couple of items seen in the browser:

Not sure what these two blank screens are prior to reaching the DUMAOS screen:

UnknownDuringSetupWizard2.thumb.png.17633ae69fd4ae916d8beaf8b69f7610.pngUnknownDuringSetupWizard1.thumb.png.0a990453569ec6339bade9b54e0b4d60.png

I got to this screen and waited about 5-6 minutes and never moved passed so I power cycled the router and got to the router log in and dashboard successfully: image.thumb.png.9067cb7abff2575e823babb42f9d9a8e.png

I think saw samething when upgrading my XR500 to OS 3.3 beta too.

Connection Test is looking good and near to spec for a 1Gb/50Mbps ISP service:

image.thumb.png.8edc02a817da5125216f82fa20c9fd75.png

Left QoS enabled and all other features as default for now. 

Set default DHCP IP address range .100 to .200. 

10Gb SFP sure gets hot. Will be testing this out with a CAX80. 

Need to run this for a couple of days before putting it live on the home network. Feeling good about the beta. 

I use the sfp+ port as well and yes it does get a bit toasty. That being said I get almost 1.2Gbps down with it instead of about 950 on the gigabit WAN. I also use the Motorola MB8611 with the 2.5Gbps port so my ISP is the bottleneck there. I have to say I'm jealous of your ISP as I only get 35Mbps up. Wish they'd change nodes to a mid split so I could get 1000/100. Anyway I've been playing with the mobile app and I love the ping optimizer. Absolutely brilliant. It's so sad we probably won't see any newer software for the xr700...BUT... that being said if NetDuma ever puts out an absolute monster of big buff hardware into a router along with newer tech and great aesthetic appeal... TAKE MY MONEY

💰💰💰💰💰

1 hour ago, XR700 Owner said:

I use the sfp+ port as well and yes it does get a bit toasty. That being said I get almost 1.2Gbps down with it instead of about 950 on the gigabit WAN. I also use the Motorola MB8611 with the 2.5Gbps port so my ISP is the bottleneck there. I have to say I'm jealous of your ISP as I only get 35Mbps up. Wish they'd change nodes to a mid split so I could get 1000/100. Anyway I've been playing with the mobile app and I love the ping optimizer. Absolutely brilliant. It's so sad we probably won't see any newer software for the xr700...BUT... that being said if NetDuma ever puts out an absolute monster of big buff hardware into a router along with newer tech and great aesthetic appeal... TAKE MY MONEY

💰💰💰💰💰

They should be improving nodes already docsis 4.0 is coming soon so it shouldn't be too much longer were they're forced to give more than 100 up though i wouldn't be surprised if they're scummy and make you pay a premium just to get the 100 up...I noticed on my line I get some spikes over 100 up so it currently being tested in certain areas

22 minutes ago, DARKNESS said:

They should be improving nodes already docsis 4.0 is coming soon so it shouldn't be too much longer were they're forced to give more than 100 up though i wouldn't be surprised if they're scummy and make you pay a premium just to get the 100 up...I noticed on my line I get some spikes over 100 up so it currently being tested in certain areas

Same. Some lucky people on my ISP also got mid split and we're able to get 8 channels and an ofdm. Nowhere near me but I've seen big rolls of fiber around my area. I'd ditch my 8611 for an ONT in a heartbeat to get 1Gbps symmetrical speeds. Great thing about the xr700 and what really sold me was the sfp+ port. Our router won't bottleneck for a long long time lol. Oh yeah and DumaOS...and seriously buff internals... Etc etc..

Ok so I felt confident enough to put the XR on the main home network. Got it pre-staged and configured for what we use here. 

10Gb SPF enabled and then connected to a CAX80 2.5Gb port running in modem mode. 

Saw some extra LAN activity on the main LAN as is a ARP storm. Possible system was settling in or something. All quite now. 

Ran some speed tests:

WIred speed with QOS enabled:

image.thumb.png.9a098190eb58d97e2adff734c6fa08d3.png

Wired speed with QoS Disabled:

image.thumb.png.01759b28263d5fc660b56be873763b33.png

NG RAXE500 in wireless bridge mode connecting at 1733Mbps:

image.thumb.png.3e441cc5220ecb54f3e93b06fe92cb1b.png

Speed results thru RAXE500 in bridge mode:

image.thumb.png.9a030605d261ce6495c928ce0380e948.png

Will let this run for a while and see how things go. 

Hi @e38BimmerFN

If you have a connection higher than Gbps... Could you check for me by placing the wan on the SFP+ port and performing 2 simultaneous tests on 2 different machines behind the XR700's integrated rj45 switch? Just to see if the flow is shared or if it can deliver more than one Gbps...

4 hours ago, Fuzy said:

Hi @e38BimmerFN

If you have a connection higher than Gbps... Could you check for me by placing the wan on the SFP+ port and performing 2 simultaneous tests on 2 different machines behind the XR700's integrated rj45 switch? Just to see if the flow is shared or if it can deliver more than one Gbps...

I've done that, with QoS off you can get over 1Gbps total throughput on 2 or more devices using separate lan ports. I'd really like to see the 1Gbps cap on QoS taken out so we can set our QoS speeds to what we actually get. I get closer to 1.2Gbps with my 8611 and sfp+ but since I like the QoS features I'll never see it. 

8 hours ago, Fuzy said:

Hi @e38BimmerFN

Unfortunately my ISP doesn't have anything over 1Gb yet. I asked last week and the agent had no idea if the ISP was going to put something faster out. My ISP still hasn't put up support for IPv6 yet. 

Sounds like someone gave some feedback though. In addition, I presume two or more devices should see same speeds if the SPF port was being used for the internet access. Though remember, all the RJ45 ports on the LAN side are 1Gb max. So you'll not see much over 900Mpbs there.